One of the most important organs in our organism, among all the others, is liver. It is responsible for more than 400 functions, including filtering out the waste products and toxins from the body. The most important function is to convert toxins into safe material that can later be excrated.
You need to protect your liver because it is crucial for our overal health. You can achieve that by consuming a healthy diet, rich in essential nutrients. On the other hand, if you consume junk food, your liver can get overworked really fast, which will result in a toxic build up in your body. There are 2 ways in which your liver eliminates toxins. The first phase includes using enzymes to turn the toxins into less damaging compounds that can be detoxified later, while the second phase is pairing the toxins with other molecules that boost their water solubility in order to eliminate them from the body.
Not only your food contains toxins, but personal care products as well, so you will need to use non-toxic ones in order to prevent toxins entering your organism. Unfortunately, toxins are everywhere – in our air, soil and water, so we need to limit our exposure to them as much as we can.
You need to stimulate your liver function with a holistic approach, because when it is overburdened, the body gets full of lipid-soluble toxins that get accumulated in the fat tissue, resulting in excess weight. Here are the common symptoms of a sluggish liver:
- Abdominal pain, constipation, gases, diarrhea, bloating
- Depression and anxiety
- Lethargy/feeling drained/brain fog
- Migraines/headaches behind the eyes/dull headaches relieved with rest
- Chronic muscle or joint pain
- Excessive perspiration
- Pessimistic emotions
- Hormonal imbalances
- Weight gain without any evident reason
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic bad breath
- Acne or skin disorders
- Issues digesting fats
- Chemical sensitivities
- Gall bladder removed
If you noticed any of these symptoms, you need to stimulate proper liver function and remove the toxins by:
- Reducing your fructose consumption (20-25 gr. per day)
- Reducing your alcohol intake
- Eliminating GMO products and buying only organic foods
- Eating a balanced diet
- Using food sources of sulfur
- Increasing the consumption of healthy fats
- Consuming enough fiber
- Avoiding inflammatory oils
- Increasing the consumption of green leafy vegetables
- Avoiding refined sugar
- Eating animal-based and plant-based sources of amino acids
- Drinking sufficient amounts of pure water
Furthermore, the next three natural products can help you restore the liver’s function:
Turmeric is very beneficial for our overall health because it contains the active ingredient also known as curcumin, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent. Curcumin is the ingredient that helps the enzymes which are responsible for eliminating dietary carcinogens. Moreover, curcumin has the ability to protect the liver against damage by protecting the damaged cells, due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It should be mentioned that you will need to consume black pepper along with turmeric in order to increase its bioavailability.
Milk thistle also has an active ingredient which has powerful antioxidant, anti-viral, anti-fibrotic and anti-inflammatory properties which is why it is great for protecting the liver from toxic damage.
This vegetable can protect the liver from damage because it is high in fiber and it can improve bile production. It also lowers the bad (LDL) cholesterol.
Latest posts by Family Health Freedom Network (see all)
- Drinking Lemon Water Every Morning – Mistake Millions Of people Make It - November 24, 2016
- Never Wake Up Groggy Or Tired Again! Scientists Find This Is the Best Time To Fall Asleep - November 24, 2016
- How To Gain Weight When Dealing With Hyperthyroidism - November 24, 2016