Most people can’t stand the sour taste of lemons; in fact, some can’t even think of lemons without getting tight, puckered lips and squinted eyes.
However, this citrus fruit offers a wide array of health benefits – it’s a real pity not to take advantage of these simply because you can’t stand the acidic taste. There’s one way you can still reap the amazing health benefits of lemons without cringing at the thought of it, and it’s to combine them with a glass of hot water as water takes over most of the sour flavor.
IS LEMON WATER GOOD FOR YOU?
One positive thing is that you won’t make that odd face like you do when you eat a raw lemon! Hot lemon water in the morning is incredibly refreshing, invigorating and it gives your metabolism the much needed boost.
Lemons are loaded with healthy benefits, and they’re a particularly great source of vitamin C.
One cup of fresh lemon juice provides 187 % of your recommended daily serving of vitamin C!
Lemon juice also offers you a healthy serving of potassium, magnesium and copper.
Still, you must pay attention of how you serve and drink lemon water. There is one common mistake that most people make when they’re enjoying a glass of lemon water. The lemon peel is one of the most nutritious parts of the whole fruit.
Your normal routine would probably be: slicing the lemon, squeezing the juice into a bottle and adding some hot or ice water. This is actually the wrong way.
Luckily for you, that’s why we’re here today! Here’s the right way to prepare lemon water!
THE PERFECT LEMON WATER RECIPE
- Get two fresh organic lemons.
- Cut them in thin or thick slices according to preference.
- Squeeze some of the sliced lemons into the water.
- Grate the peel of the squeezed lemon pieces into the water.
- Put the rest of the slices in your blender bottle, mug, or travel cup.
- Fill up the container with either boiling hot, or ice cold water.
Lemon Water For The Win
According to many health experts, lemon water’s acidity helps in the process of digestion. It also helps to slow absorption of food, which conserves insulin stores in the body and ensures your body gets the most out of the food it’s processing.
Lemon water can also give your GI tract the push it needs in the morning to get things moving and also reduce fluid retention.
So, why don’t you try it out today? Prepare it the right way and enjoy all its benefits!
Latest posts by Family Health Freedom Network (see all)
- Drinking Lemon Water Every Morning – Mistake Millions Of people Make It - November 24, 2016
- Never Wake Up Groggy Or Tired Again! Scientists Find This Is the Best Time To Fall Asleep - November 24, 2016
- How To Gain Weight When Dealing With Hyperthyroidism - November 24, 2016