This article was originally published by Idealist 4 Ever.
The abdomen is probably one of the most problematic body parts when it comes to losing weight. We all dream of flat and tight stomach, but we all hate to do the difficult and wearisome abs. But, we have some good news for you! The fitness experts have finally found a solution, which, as they claim, can replace 1000 of the traditional abs exercises.
This incredible exercise is called “the plank” and it represents a static exercise where the entire body weight falls on the hands and the toes, while the rest of the body is flat like a plank. The body should not be moved at all, not even for an inch. This exercise is extremely helpful for making your stomach flat and tight, as well as for relieving back pain, since the firm stomach muscles hold the spine as well.
For best results, first you need to make sure that your body is situated in the right initial position. That is why you should follow these instructions:
- place your hands firmly on the floor, with your shoulders straight. Your neck should also be straight and extended.
- Even though the main focus should be put on your abs, you should feel “a fire” in your legs as well. If you don’t, place your heels in a position where you will rely only on your toes and you will feel tenseness in your thigh muscles. Then, contract your butt muscles in order to activate the muscles in the lower part of your body.
- Do not raise your butt up in the air, but try holding it in a flat position instead. Your body needs to be flat, not in the shape of a triangle.
- Breathe evenly and smoothly, so that it is easier for you to remain in this position.
To see the full story on this powerful fat burning exercise, please visit the original post here. This excerpt was published with permission from Idealist 4 Ever.
Latest posts by Family Health Freedom Network (see all)
- Drinking Lemon Water Every Morning – Mistake Millions Of people Make It - November 24, 2016
- Never Wake Up Groggy Or Tired Again! Scientists Find This Is the Best Time To Fall Asleep - November 24, 2016
- How To Gain Weight When Dealing With Hyperthyroidism - November 24, 2016