Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Is there anything better than being connected with nature? A day in the woods, on a secluded beach, or even out in the yard can refresh you, leave you feeling invigorated, and improve your mood.
Over millions of years of evolution, humans have changed quite a bit. However, we have all of the same needs that our ancient ancestors had. Barefoot walking puts you in touch with your inner self and offers you a whole range of health benefits.
The Popularity of Barefoot Walking
If you are part of the world of fitness or running, you may have noticed that barefoot walking and barefoot running has exploded in popularity over recent years. Not only do many fitness gurus recommend exercising barefoot, there are many shoes and socks that are meant to replicate the feeling of running barefoot.
Even if your feet haven’t felt the bare ground in years, you could benefit from barefoot walking. Find out what this trend—which is actually thousands of years old—can do for your mental and physical health.
Benefits of Barefoot Walking
Whether you want stronger muscles, a deeper connection to yourself and your world, or just better health, barefoot walking can help you get there.
- Chi: The earth is one of the most energizing substances you can ever feel. In the ground you walk on, there is positive energy spanning back thousands of years and millions of people. When you wear shoes, you are detaching yourself from that energy. Walk barefoot, and you absorb all it has to offer.
- Improves health to body organs and extremities: The energy found in the earth can also strengthen your body’s organs and limbs. Different parts of the foot lead to different parts of the body. By getting in touch with the earth, you can strengthen your body as a whole.
- Improves balance: Shoes do a lot of the balancing work for you. By wearing shoes all the time, you allow your body to lose its natural sense of balance. When you start walking barefoot, all of your muscles work together to keep you upright, balanced, and rooted.
- Improves strength: Barefoot walking uses all sorts of muscles that do not get worked when you walk in shoes. As you work these muscles day after day, you may notice that your muscles get more toned and useful.
- Gives you better posture: Developing your balance and your muscles naturally leads to better posture. Humans today tend to walk around with their shoulders hunched and their faces down. Shake off that trend and improve your posture with barefoot walking.
- Grounds you to your inner self: Getting in tune with the earth also makes you more in tune with yourself and who you are as a human being. Our species was meant to walk barefoot, so it’s only natural that doing so can make you more aware of your inner self.
It doesn’t matter if you walk barefoot for five minutes or five hours every day. Every little bit you do can improve your health and better your quality of life.